Deer head and ferret




Taxidermy is viewed as the clichéd fodder of yard sales. The most common cliché is that of the oversized moose head. In urban tales a husband will purchase the found moose head much to the disdain of his spouse who loathes massive mounted animal heads. While I have purchased a number of items over the years that my spouse disdained, in all my explorations I have never encountered a moose head at any yard sale. But I have run into considerable taxidermy as well as a variety of faux animals and real animals. The highly distressed head shown here was being sold along side a living, crawling and squirming ferret. They sellers were moving to Sweden where they had not need of a distressed animal head and could not take a domesticated weasel. While I was there they spent some time trying to talk a friend into giving the creature a new home.

The woman who owned this mounted crab told me she was drunk when she purchased it in Destin.

A large shellaced blowfish was among a collection of Tiki goods being divested.

I purchased this pheasant pelt with the hopes of using it in an art project. I sold it at my own yard sale.


This dog in Cabbagetown was a bit disturbed over all the early morning shoppers.

Cats like this one enjoy being around piles of clutter.


I think this was a lifelike faux dog. But I'm not sure