Shirtless in Midtown



This sale in Midtown was on a hot day in early summer. The painting the seller is holding was given to him to hang in a bar he operated or worked in and was painted by a friend. Most of the other stuff in this sale was home and yard décor items. My wife bought two garden globes that now flank the entrance to our home. Hand made items given, as gifts are standard fodder at sales. Are these objects sold with the hope that the creator will not wander by and see their creations and gifts being resold? As an artist I wonder how much of my work will suffer the same fate. I look at this as a reality of the trade. Gifts of creativity can be a blessing and a curse.

Other stuff at this sale included large metal marching ants.

I found a painting similar in style at a garage sale in Decatur.


I've encountered this interesting piece several occasions. The horrid horned woman seems to be passing from house to house in Candler Park. Someday it may find its way back to the original owner.